Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 2 and half of Day 3

Well, Day 2 went well. It helped that I had the day off so I had plenty of time to plan my meals. I am currently house sitting for a dear friend in Riverton, which just happens to be the same city that Aaron works for. YAY. So I was able to arrange to have lunch with him. It is such a rare occasion that we get to because we work 40 minutes away from each other every day. It always makes me so happy. Its a nice little break in the day. ANYWAY- I ordered some Thai food from my friend's Thai restaurant. I wanted the yellow curry and Aaron wanted the Pad Siew. What I love most about ethnic foods is that it is the norm for you to order them vegetarian. I was a vegetarian for about 8 years before I started to eat some select meats again. But there is always a special place in my heart for tofu. I will always choose tofu over meat.

I also love that a lot of ethnic foods are just naturally gluten free. They often use rice noodles instead of wheat and dishes are served with rice instead of noodles or bread. Also, the majority of their dishes aren't fried or breaded, which can house gluten. We went to dinner with my best friend and her fiance this past weekend to a great Indian place called Royal India. When asking the owner (we think) about his gluten free menu, he cheerfully told us that there were only a few things on the menu that HAD gluten. It was refreshing. I had my choice of almost any dish I wanted. I think being gluten free fits right into Aaron and I's lifestyle because we love trying new and exotic foods as well as shopping at Whole Foods. ha. There is a new Asian store going in close to our houses so we are excited to try out some new products that are gluten free and delicious.

It is only one o'clock on Day 3 but so far it is going well. I had the rest of the Thai food for breakfast. Convenient. I am going to dinner with a friend tonight, which might pose a challenge but I am sure I can find something wherever we go. I will write tomorrow.

Ciao!

1 comment: