Tuesday, January 18, 2011

ill.

For the last couple of days (ish), I have been feeling ill. And not the good kind of ill that they talk about in rap songs. Bad ill. Stomach ill. The kind of ill that makes eating make me sick..for the most part. BUT I decided to still try a new recipe for this week. The one thing that makes everyone feel better when they're sick is chicken noodle soup, right? So I decided to a make chicken and dumplings soup thing. Sometimes dumplings are hard but I love these simple recipes because they are so...well, simple. Here is the recipe I'm going to try:

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the carrots, celery, and leek and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
  2. Sprinkle with ½ cup of the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute (do not let it darken).
  3. Stir in the broth, wine, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Add the chicken and reduce to a simmer.
  4. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 cup of flour, baking soda, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir in the sour cream and egg.
  5. Drop full tablespoons of the dough into the stew and cook, covered, until the dumplings are plump and cooked through, 15 to 17 minutes.
  6. Sprinkle the soup with the dill before serving.



Looks delicious. I'm sure mine won't look as good, but I can try.

1 comment:

  1. this looks so good. i made some chicken and dumplings a few months ago but yours looks more appetizing. i think i might try this recipe instead. num num.

    ReplyDelete