Thursday, January 13, 2011

Things I love (well, a few)..

1. Interesting, thought-provoking, and amazing quotes. Such as:

"Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand." -- Margery Williams, The Velveteen Rabbit.


2. President Obama and the way he speaks.

Every time I see/hear President Obama speak, I am so grateful that we now have a President who is well spoken, intelligent and doesn't make our country look like a bunch of idiots for electing him. Thank you, President Obama. You rock.



3. The New York Times and NPR.

Pure love. I can't go one day without, at the very least, scanning their website for interesting articles. I almost always find something interesting to read. The same goes for NPR. The best facebook decision I ever made was to "friend" NPR. Their articles come right up on the news feed and its the greatest. They make me laugh and keep me informed...what more could I ask for?!

One article that blew me away by was this one:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/fashion/09Modern.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2

If you haven't read it, do it now. <3 <3

4. Modern medicine. Or modern anything.

My lovely best friend in the whole world said it best when she said she wanted "to kiss modern medicine on the lips". I have taken advantage of so many things that weren't around 60 years ago. I feel like I was meant to live in this time because I literally would not have made it to 22 if I didn't. Aaron always talks about the concept of Survival of the Fittest and how he is sure he would have survived if he lived when that concept was a reality. Well I am absolutely POSITIVE I would have died 10 minutes in. Without vaccinations, canned baby food, diapers, toys that make noise and light up, indoor plumbing, heating and air conditioning and a cell phone I never would have made it here. I never would have made it as a pioneer. I am grateful everyday that I was born in the time of ipods.

5. Kefir.

I love kefir for many reasons. Some of which I won't mention here..because. But I love it. I would like to thank Kristen for introducing it to me. It is creamy, sweet and it fills me up. It helps reduce my cravings for Kit Kats and Twix and for that I am extremely thankful. If you haven't tried it, you should! They sell it at Harmon's and it isn't TOO expensive. I recommend the Strawberry and Aaron really likes the peach.


YUM.

6. Songs that make my heart race.

I love a lot of songs. But only very select few can make my heart beat faster than normal. Along with a faster heart rate, they empower me. They excite me. Some example of these songs are:



The Dog Days Are Over
Florence + The Machine

I am in love with this song. I can't get enough of how it makes me feel.



Never Going Back Again
Fleetwood Mac

This song means a lot to me. Plus her voice is so lovely.



Sweet Disposition
The Temper Trap

I have listened to this song at least once a day for the last year. I will never get sick of it.



Ants Marching
Dave Matthews Band

All you have to do is listen and you'll know what I mean.



The Cave
Mumford & Sons

Probably the most powerful one for me. The music..the lyrics. Its perfection. It makes my heart SOAR.



That is it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment